Cracks make us perfect

Helsinki, 9 degrees

Recently Sundays have become my favorite days of the week. Lately I've been working all of my Saturdays but I've been off work for some Sundays now, so in a sense I have started to have some Sunday rutines. Today I was lucky enough to have my better half at home with me, so we've done ton of stuff together and I love that as I love him. Even though we woke up to a foggy Helsinki, stepping out and going for a one-hour-long power walk was superb. I can not mention enough times how stunning Helsinki is in the fall. Today we could really enjoy some fresh air when we walked around the Töölönlahti Bay area, which I call the green heart of the city.

Source: DeviantArt
Since it's mid October, during the last couple of days, my three women magazines have dropped through our mail slot.



That means it's time to go through the topics that have caught my eye while flipping through them. Here we go.These are my favorite topics for upcoming November in Helsinki.

Elle Finland offers a page of something they called "this season's candy". Basically it's a collage of current clothing trends. We have animal patterns and polka dots that I've mention in earlier posts as well. The five other ongoing trends are square patterns, fluffy fake furs, the shine of black asphalt, Nomadic luxury and flowery patterns.


Like I've mentioned in a earlier post, the Nomadic style interests me. This kind of Artic style is amazing, I want to see more of that!

The same extreme layering style could be found last winter in e.g. the Brittish Fashion Telegrapgh.


I love the exaggerated look, how about you?

Elle Finland also showcases the styles of four cities; New York, Paris, London and Sao Paolo. I'm happy to notice that Sao Paolo is in these spreads, usually it's not counted into the four major fashion cities but Milan. Wonder why they forgot Milan? Is Sao Paolo stealing Milan's position in the top 4?


No surprise to me whimsical New York turns out to be my favorite. The city yet not explored by me, but such an inspiration nevertheless. I love the precious stone colors, especially ruby.

The Classical Paris page does have a stunning necklace though, designed by Canadian Maryam Keyhani. The necklace is shaped as wings. I can only say: wow! This necklace is amazing!

Source: Maryam Keyhani
On sophisticated London's page I like the Zara bag, and on pulsing Sao Paolo's page it's the necklace of Bianco that catches my attention.

They even have a cute owl necklace on their website that has my name!


I've never associated my name to an owl, but this one is lovely. I have a dear friend who loves owls and I hope she reads this post!


I wonder how such a spread would look if there would be Helsinki in it? I'm still waiting for that!

Maybe it could have some items designed by Katri Niskanen, one of Finland's most known current fashion designers, merely of age 25. Elle Finland gives her a page this month, which I'm thankful for.


According to Niskanen, a piece of clothing is only perfect when it has a crack. I thought that was a lovely way of thinking. In the end, don't we all have cracks, why not celebrate them instead of hiding them?
Niskanen likes to combine masculine and feminine features, e.g. a dress with boots. Heels go well with a masculine leather jacket, she thinks.

To be continued...

What's your opinion?

  1. You have a iteresting blog, i'll be follow it ! i'd like, if you would even go and look my ! i just starded new blog (: thanks
    http://thekaisaaaa.blogspot.com/
    And you are beutiful :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, what a nice owl necklace... :) i got a similar one, unfortunately it's only kept in gold and not with these lovely colors.

    love your post! kiss

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hei Kaisa, kiitos kommentista ja kohteliaisuudesta!

    xxx
    E

    ReplyDelete
  4. Manu, thank you for your comment and support :) One can never have too many owl necklaces!

    xxx
    E

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love, I repeat, I love mixing feminine and masculine characteristics. And I think the heels, go well with a masculine leather jacket, it's really PERFECT!


    kiss from Italy
    www.thelastillusion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the title... and the furry hats!

    FRASSY
    FRASSY

    www.befrassy.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice blog you have. (:

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ciao Mary! Grazie per il tuo commento! Benvenuta al mio blog!

    xxx
    E

    ReplyDelete
  9. Audrey&Interwebs Fails, thank you for your comments!
    Charlotte, thank you for your comment! I'll gladly follow you as well!

    xxx
    E

    ReplyDelete

@elisabeth.rundlof