New year resolutions

Helsinki, 1 degree

As I wrote in my blog post on November the 24th "An optimist stays up until midnight to see the New Year in. A pessimist stays up to make sure the old year leaves.", I won some tickets to the pre-premiere of the movie New Year's Eve for last Thursday. Even though the movie was sure to be somewhat like preceding Valentine's Day, I looked forward to seeing a happy, feel-good movie. And it surely was just that! My favorite in the complete movie was Zac Efron's character, a scrappy and self-absorbed bike messenger given a proposal: if he would fulfill an older lady's, tired of her work, new year resolutions he would get tickets to the best new year's eve party in New York.

Source

Even though this is the kind of movie where you know everything is going to turn out well, I still think it also made you think about and reflect on your own life. The new year resolutions of the character played by Michelle Pfeiffer were partly esaggerated but partly the kind we all want to accomplish. She wanted e.g. to save somebody's life, drive around the world, get a kiss on new year's eve, go to Bali, get amazed and so on. You have to watch the movie to see how Efron's character manages to fulfill all of these wishes!

I think we all think about making new year's resolutions. I met a really nice girl from New York yesterday at the office and as we were discussing the movie, she really made me dream about going next year to the big Apple. I'm going to spend a winter holiday in January but otherwise I won't be off work before summer. But I think that would be just great for a New York trip.

I would also like to move, since I feel like I'm getting to familiar and comfortable in the apartment we have as we speak.

How about you? Have you made some already?

Since I like to post articles about Helsinki on my blog, I thought it was time that I posted the link to an Italian one, since I've usually posted only some in English and Swedish. So for all of you Italian readers out there, here's a good article about Helsinki written by La Repubblica. I think it's fun how it has divided a day in Helsinki into different sections and there is something to do for the whole day, starting with breakfast at Fazer (famous for its sweets and chocolate), forenoon at the modern art museum Kiasma, noon at fortress island Suomenlinna, lunch at Stockmann department store, early afternoon at the museum of Finnish architecture, afternoon at the Academic book shop and shopping along the Esplanade park, snack at Bar 9, dinner at restaurant Olo and concert at the new Music Centre. I would call that a fully booked day in Helsinki!




What's your opinion?

  1. I think going to the Big Apple will be fun, it's great how the film inspired you to make some new years resolutions. I've not made mine yet, but I should really get to it! xo

    www.almostdelightful.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to see the New Year's eve movie))
    http://cupcakesandtreacle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it is great that you are already thinking about resolutions. They are important to have. Also, I really really want to see that movie. I love Zac!
    the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. yeah, i dont expect much of new years eve but hopefully it will make me smile!

    xx
    Glass of Fashion

    ReplyDelete
  5. hmm i like movies that make me think like that. great blog!




    WWW.FASHIONGEEKSCLOSET.COM

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you all for your lovely comments!

    xxx
    E

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm big on goal setting, so even though I usually set myself goals every month, I try to do some special ones for new year's. I probably will focus on my career, but also some regarding upkeep of health and seeing friends and all that business! I'm actually pretty excited to see this movie too, even though just as you said, pretty sure I know how it's all going to turn out!]

    Alexandra xo

    http://tovogueorbust.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. You should definately see it Alex (if I may call you that?). There is no harm in predictable movies, sometimes we need them!

    xxx
    E

    ReplyDelete

@elisabeth.rundlof