Lunch on the rooftop of Helsinki

Helsinki, 1 degree

Today I did something that is mentioned in the book "1 000 places to see before you die" - and in my very own home town! Through my work, I had the pleasure to meet a journalist originally from Beirut, now living in New York, for lunch and talk to her about beautiful Helsinki! We had the lunch at one of the most amazing restaurants in town - restaurant Savoy! To sum the restaurant's unique nature, here follows the description from the above mentioned book:

  
The restaurant is located on the 8th floor of one of the most central buildings in Helsinki so it has a stunning view of the central Esplanade Park! 

Source

Inside it's full of small design treasures, like this lamp. The best known piece is the Aalto vase, probably the most well known design piece from Finland. Sometimes a restaurant can be so much more than delicious food!

Source

Do you have a favorite restaurant? What makes it so special?

What's your opinion?

  1. lovely pictures dear!!
    yes,my favourite restaurant is a italiann!!heheh..love pasta=)
    xoxo=)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I understand, I love Italian cooking as well :)

      xxx
      E

      Delete
  2. This is such a wonderful setting for a restaurant, its so great that you got to go here. Theres something very regal about it. How was the food? To reply to your question - my immediate family live in the same town as I do and the rest of my close family stay near the Drakensberg and on the coast of SA.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The food was excellent! Champignon and truffelsoup with Bianchetti truffles, glazed duck, “ pommes dauphinoise” and creamy poultry sauce, and for dessert carrot, sea buckthorn and liquorice. Yummy!
      Great that you have your family close! :)

      xxx
      E

      Delete

@elisabeth.rundlof