Skinny jeans & blazer

Helsinki, 4 degrees

Source



Wine improves with age.  The older I get, the better I like it.

It's funny how the weather sometimes seems to sympathize with you: when you're not feeling like you're at your best, suddenly the weather imitates you.

Yesterday evening me and my boy went to the grand opening of wine bar VinVin. I guess there's no need to tell you since the evening continued to sushi restaurant Sushibar & Dine that I was dead beat today.

Fortunately, this Friday turned out to be a rainy one so everybody seemed eager to start the weekend and not so motivated to be at work, haha.

I decided to attend the opening in this golden dress from H&M. Combined with a black jacket, it was festive enough for an opening. I didn't want to wear something black, that would have felt as using a safe card, and you know me, I like trying new things!

Source
Source

Concerning what I've been wearing this week to work, my interest was awakened when I saw this page in Trendi magazine concerning blazers. I love how easy it is to vary one's clothing depending on one's mood with simply changing the jacket. I've recently pulled out what the Sex and the city girls used to call "skinny jeans", the pair of jeans every girl should have and from time to time use to remind oneself that one can still fit into them.

Trendi says that if you want to only invest in one jacket, then you should go with black. If you, on the other hand, usually wear light colored clothing or earth-like colors, a beige blazer is more harmonic than a black one. It can also be used all year round. The white jacket is a luxurious classic, that brings that special something to any outfit. Combined with red lips, it makes any outfit elegant.


I also loved the simple outfit the magazine presented with skinny jeans, a trench coat, t-shirt, watch, and bag!

One blazer was missing though, this season's striped one! I combined it this week with the classic white shirt and skinny jeans. What do you think?



Happy Friday! What weekend plans do you have?

What's your opinion?

  1. Ensinnäkin tuo raitajakku näyttää siulla tosi hyvältä, huomasin joskus samankaltaisen Rachel Zoella show'ssaan ja selvitin kissojen ja koirien kanssa mikä se on voinut olla. No, vintage Louis Vuitton ! Pöh ja pah. :) Ja tuo H&M mekko on todella kaunis, keväuutuuksissa samasta materiaalista olevaa toppia mietiskelin mutta jäi hankkimatta siinä vaiheessa. Varmasti ollut upea avajais-asu!

    NAM. Sushi.


    Satu
    Indie by heart

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kiitos kohteliaisuudesta! Omani on ihan Zarasta! Sushi on aina hyvää!

      xxx
      E

      Delete
  2. Very pretty blazer! (:

    Check out my blog & follow? (:
    onceuponasprinkle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Elizabeth, your blog title really had me in stitches!! I must admit it's my favourite part of visiting your blog, the titles are always so clever and cute! I LOVE your striped jacket, I've been searching for something similar for ages. It looks all round chic and classic. I am very much a 'jacket/blazer' girl. The gold dress is a beauty too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I'm happy to hear that you enjoy my blog titles :) It's always so nice to know what you readers like/dislike on my blog, so I can continue to make it better for you! My jacket is from Zara so you might have a look in their collection if you're still looking for something similar..

      xxx
      E

      Delete
  4. You look amazing - I love the shirt! The gold dress is really pretty too. xx

    www.almostdelightful.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sarah, I'm excited about the shirt as well! It's my favorite piece of clothing right now!

      xxx
      E

      Delete
  5. Oon joskus katellu tota kultaista mekkoa H&M:llä, ja melkein ostinkin sen :D Sama maku taas kerran :D xoxo ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha ihanaa kuulla et meil on taas jotain yhteistä! :)

      xxx
      E

      Delete
  6. Yep............

    You are all right. The older the wine, the better the wine. It becomes more costly as well as more delicious with the passage of time.

    http://www.apnidharti.com/

    ReplyDelete

@elisabeth.rundlof