Sauna & foulard

Helsinki, 11 degrees

Source


A woman becomes her most beautiful, one hour after taking a sauna.

Yesterday I spent the afternoon with some domestic journalists as my office held a press conference about Helsinki's summer season and its supply for them! It was interesting to meet the journalists from other Finnish cities, like Tampere and Lahti, and hear what they thought about our beautiful city! We also visited some new sights in Helsinki, like the Chapel of Silence that I visited in February, you can read about it here in my blog post about it. We also visited the upcoming center of good food, the Abattoir, a former slaughter house now turned into something completely different but the roughness of the place has been kept and when it will open in September, I'm sure it will be one of Helsinki's must sees.

We'll also get a new all year round sauna in August called Kulttuurisauna (the cultural sauna). Have you tried a true Finnish sauna?

Source

Here's a hint for all you interested in visiting Finland! VisitFinland has recently launched the Beta version of their Helsinki website, have a look! There are some stunning photos on that website, and a superb video as well!

Concerning my work, the brochure that I've been updating and working on since February, is almost finished! This week I have been selecting pictures for it with our graphic desginer, and this weekend I'll proofread it and then in about a week it will go to the publisher house for printing and in a month it will be published and sent out to the world and released on our website! Amazing! It's going to be a 100-page-long brochure about Helsinki's tourism products for individual and group travelers, how exciting! I'll share it will you when I can!

Source
Lately I've been inspired by the foulard print trend and mint color, so I chose an outfit for today using some ideas I've picked up for photos I've seen around. What do you think about these trends?

Source

Source
What do you think about my combination of the scarf with the pants?


What's your opinion?

  1. Loved your outfit!


    http://placequotehere.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  2. your blog is great hun
    xx the cookies
    share the feeling
    visit <3
    samecookiesdifferent.blogspot.com
    have a wonderful thursday evening!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi dear, how are you? I had a smile at the title of this post - I think I need to hop into the sauna now :) I have to say, you have the best job - working in tourism and always getting to meet new people and share your city's knowledge - it must be great. Your outfit is very sweet, i heart that scarf!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm great thanks! The sun is shining, life is good! Happy to hear that you liked the title :) Have you tried a sauna?
      I love my job as well!

      xxx
      E

      Delete
  4. You have been doing so much with your work! The brochure sounds really exciting. You must be thrilled with how it is turning out! As for the foulard print trend, I think it can look amazing with the right piece! I love your scarf!
    the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you're right, I'm very happy! I'll let you see how it looks when it's all ready :) It's going to be printed this month-how exciting!!
      Thank you for your sweet comment!

      xxx
      E

      Delete
  5. it looks like so much fun! LOVE the colourful print on your scarf :) xx.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aivan ihania asuja ja sinun huivi tosi söpö! Itsellä on pari samantyylistä isompaa, ja mietin joskus pitäisikö tehdä esim. toppi. Mutta edelleen ovat tuolla huivi-pussukassa (en käytä silkkihuiveja oikein ikinä, paitsi rusettina tai hiuspantana:)

    Kiitos kommentista! Aurinkoa viikonloppuusi,

    x Satu
    Indie by heart

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kiitos! Ilman muuta kannattaa hyödyntää huiveja jos et käytä niitä muuten!

      xxx
      E

      Delete
  7. I love the sauna pictures!! I have to say your pictures make me want to visit Finland now <3

    ang-closet365.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ang Lam! You should definately visit Helsinki if you still haven't! What are you waiting for? :)

      xxx
      E

      Delete

@elisabeth.rundlof