Little black dress

Helsinki, 22 degrees

Source
Source

A woman's dress should be like a barbed-wire fence: serving its purpose without obstructing the view.

This sunny Saturday I've been thinking about my wardrobe since H&M's autumn catalogue dropped down my mail box yesterday filled with autumnal treats. I'll fill you in on what I got once the package arrives, but in the meantime I thought I would show you some things I've already got to ensure a successful autumn.

I guess there has to be as many little black dresses out there in the world as there are women, no I think it comes as no surprise that I had to get one as well. Mine is from H&M. I think the true inventor of the little black dress is no other than Audrey Hepburn, I've even read that before she wore one in "Breakfast at Tiffany's", it was merely considered something one could wear to a funeral, so she truly opened people's eyes with her stunning black dress.

This autumn I'm going to combine it with something new, a statement necklace from Bijou Brigitte, since yey, they seem to be here to stay! What do you think? I love the silk band it has, so one can make a cute neck ribbon with it.


And what is a little black dress without a basic black handbag? I've been desperately seaching for something classic since I've had a kind of briefcase type of bag until now, but thought it was time for something new for this fall. 

Source

I decided on a Longchamp Roseau crocodile bag: classic, elegant and very much of my liking = a perfect work handbag!


What do you think of my catches?

What's your opinion?

  1. Love this ode to the Little Black dress, the accompanying photos are splendid. I adore your choice of dress because it is such a classic and can be styled in so many ways. The necklace is a lovely touch, as is the amazing bag!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sam for all your kind words! :)

      xxx
      E

      Delete
  2. Your dress is so pretty & I love the necklace!! Love all the black dresses you've picked- such a variety that there is something for everyone!
    :)
    Allison

    P.S. I'm having an INTERNATIONAL $75 Shopbop giveaway on my blog, so don't forget to enter! :)
    A's Fashion Files
    $75 Shopbop Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Allison! What kind of little black dress do you like the most?

      xxx
      E

      Delete
  3. Your little black dress is gorgeous! You look absolutely stunning! It's amazing how one great dress can change fashion entirely! Audrey was special that way! :)
    the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. so lovely! i love the necklace you paired with it too! i can't believe you have heard of them how cool! i would not necessarily say they are one of my favorites because i have a lot hahah but they are super fun to just goof around to :D

    -Jessica
    http://runninginsideus.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look great :)
    I really love black dresses :)
    btw lovely blog, can we follow each

    ReplyDelete

@elisabeth.rundlof