Photo wall project

Helsinki, -2 degrees

Source
Photography is a way of feeling, of touching, of loving. What you have caught on film is captured forever... it remembers little things, long after you have forgotten everything.

Finally, this week I finished one of my long-term project in our home - the second photo frame wall / collage! Inspired by the photo frame shelves I've seen on the blog Stylizimo, I created ours from photos, pictures and quotes that have inspired me.

I started to plan the photo frame shelves by selecting some photo frames. I wanted elegant, unique and timeless photo frames. I fell in love with the ones I found on Amanda B, do you know the brand? On that website these three photo frames caught my eye: the pearly, bird themed and silver photo frame.



So I combined these with two vintage mirrors portraying two ladies of the 20's that I had got from Huuto, two silver frames I had bought at flea markets and some simple white photo frames from Ikea, and voilà - this is the result! What do you think?


At the same time I wanted to show you this tiger yellow / mustard color dress that I got from Ellos, which I combined with a goldfish necklace from Titimadam, one of my favorite Finnish jewelry companies. Have you heard about it?


I must admit that I'm in love with the result, and I can't stop looking at our wall! This is one of our living room walls. I think it's a great idea since one can easily change the look of these shelves just by changing the photos, pictures, and quotes. The quote photo papers I ordered through Smartphoto and the shelves are from Ikea. Even though our living room now has much less Audrey Hepburn in it than in our previous apartment, she had to be in one of the pictures. The picture she is featured in is of one of the movies that has affected me the most throughout my life - Roman Holiday.


This week I've been dying to try out a hairdo that I saw on Fashionising - the twisted ponytail. According to the website, high ponytails, and messy buns have long been the go-to hairstyles for women in a hurry, but it’s the low ponytail that’s the ponytail du jour in 2013. Like its higher versions, the low ponytail can, of course, be there for those moments we’re short on time, but there will always be the occasion where we want to dress it up. Jenny Packham’s spring 2013 show inspires the perfect way to make the low ponytail an occasion’s hairstyle. Have you tried this hairdo already?


The website mentioned had an excellent tutorial on the hairdo so it was super easy to realize! Here's my version!



And here's today's story about Finnish Christmas:

The Advent season
Christmas time in Finland starts at the beginning of the Advent season, the period including four Sundays before Christmas, called Advent Sundays. Today we are celebrating the second one! The word Advent derives from the Latin Adventus (Domini) meaning "the coming (of Christ)". The first Advent Sunday, which usually falls between November 27th and December 3rd, marks the beginning of the liturgical year in the Western church. This is the time when people start their Christmas preparations: cleaning and decorating the house, baking, sending Christmas cards, buying and wrapping presents and planning what to serve at Christmas dinner. You can see some of my Christmas preparations in blog posts here and here. Shopping streets in many towns are decorated with Christmas lights, the best known is by far the street in Helsinki of course! Deli counters in stores and market halls are also filled with special Christmas treats throught the Advent season.

Source

Source

So this is what I have been thinking about this weekend, how was yours?

What's your opinion?

  1. What a brilliant idea - I love your collection of photo frames displayed in this original way and as you say, so easy to change the images and quotes too. Pretty ponytail and the rich colour of your dress is ideal for the Christmas season. Thank you so much for following my blog!
    http://missbbobochic.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful photos:))

    Heddy
    a-little-bit-style.blogspot.cz
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad that you finished it! It looks so wonderful. And I just love your hair. What a gorgeous style!
    the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. you've done an amazing job at home! ehi, I like your hair and style, brava!!

    Baci, Ylenia di Longuette

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey, adoro davvero il tuo stile, complimenti!!! :)
    mi chiedevo se potevamo seguirci a vicenda e se magari tu potessi fare un salto nel mio blog nato da poco!
    baci e a presto! <3
    -Annachiara.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely love gallery walls - I had one in my old apartment and I loved adding to it, it was like having my own little masterpiece always in progress :) The colour of your dress is gorgeous, too!
    xox,
    Cee

    ReplyDelete
  7. of course I like your living room wall! and actually I would love to see it a little closer to read the quotes etc. we are working on our own walls too and I will soon write some words about the undergoing process.
    I also wanted to say I like your orange dress a lot and I have noticed you have found quite a few lovely dresses from Ellos. and how cool is the necklace! again would love to see it a little closer :)

    Maiken,
    Maikeni blogi - part of me

    ReplyDelete
  8. great site! just found u and now following! hope you will follow back :)

    XO Meghan
    citrusrefreshingfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hyvältä näyttää ! ^^ Itsellänikin on haaveena tauluseinä, mutta tähän kämppään tuskin teen enempää reikiä kuin mitä jo olemassa on ;) Onneksi on pari kehystä joihin saa useamman kuvan, se on jo alku.

    Nätti mekko, tosi upean värinen.. ja söpö koru myös! Kaunis kampausinspiraatio. ^^

    Satu
    Indie by heart

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi dear, sorry for being absent, my internet stopped working for a week. You look so pretty in orange and the frames are all so lovely and gives a beautiful character to your home. The hair came out fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loooooove it!!!
    thanks so much for visit my blog hun!!
    big kiss!!

    Marianela xxx
    http://www.asm-magazine.com/marilynscloset/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your hairstyle, so gorgeous! Great wall too, it looks great! And beautiful dress, I love the mustard color!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oi että, sulla on ihan huippu blogi! Oot erittäin kaunis ja sun postaukset ovat inspiroivia. Jatka samaan malliin!

    Ihanaa joulunodotusta! <3

    -Janina

    http://style-janina.blogspot.fi/

    ReplyDelete

@elisabeth.rundlof