Sequins & glitter

Helsinki, 5 degrees

Source
When you're around me, you're going to get glitter on you. 

Inspired by the sequin trend that always reaches us around Christmas time, I've combined my white H&M sequin pencil skirt with a simple white blouse from the same label to create a festive yet casual feel to work. I've earlier been in love with sequin dresses, you can read about them more in previous blog posts like this one.

Yleensä pikkujouluaikoihin Helsingin katukuvaan ilmestyy juhlavia mekkoja ja hameita, joka saa aikaan paljettivillityksen kaupoissa ja verkon puolella nettikaupoissa. Tästä inspiroimana kokosin vähän aikaa sitten työasuksi asun, jossa yhdistin valkoisen paljettikynähameeni valkoiseen paitapuseroon. Molemmat ovat H&M:ltä ostettuja. Aikaisemmin olen ollut hulluna paljettimekkoihin, mutta tänä syksynä huomioni ovat vieneet enemmänkin juuri paljettihameet. 

My craze about sequin skirts got its start from a simple idea about casual sequins, inspired by the photo underneath, but now my sequin obsession has taken on life completely of its own.  My number one source of inspiration this week has been The Glitter Guide's outfit.

Paljettihamevillitykseni sai alkunsa yksinkertaisesta ajatuksesta: halusin kokeilla casual sequins -tyyliä, eli rentoja paljetteja. Inspiraationlähteenäni toimi alla oleva The Glitter Guiden asukokonaisuus, jossa on yhdistelty rento paita ja paljettihame. 

Source

And this is how I wore it to work. What do you think?

Tällaiselta minun asukokonaisuuteni näytti työpaikalla. Mitäs tykkäät?


I combined a white blouse to the sequin skirt since I've seen similar combinations in many inspiring photos and thought this look would suit me. Sweaters go great with sequin skirts as well, I'm already planning an outfit like that.

Yhdistin valkoisen paitapuseron paljettihameeseen, koska sain idean alla olevista inspiroivista kuvista ja mielestäni tämä yhdistelmä oli sopiva minulle. Neuleet sopivat myös hyvin yhteen paljettihameiden kanssa, ja haluankin kokeilla tätä yhdistelmää seuraavaksi.

Source
Source
Source
Source
Source

But as my original source of inspiration, I now plan to wear it with a jean shirt - effortlessly chic and cool as a daytime outfit.

Mutta koska alkuperäisestä inspiraatiolähdekuvasta löytyi farkkupaita yhdistettynä paljettihameeseen, haluan myös testata näitä kahta yhdessä - vaivatonta tyyliä arkiasuun!

Source

How do you wear sequins? Do you share my love for skirts, or how do you wear sequins?

Miten sinä pukeudut paljetteihin? Oletko yhtä ihastunut hameisiin kuin minä, vai suositko jotain muuta tapaa käyttää paljetteja?


What's your opinion?

  1. From a male perspective, I think sequins on outfits looks really good on women.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a sequin skirt. got it last year I guess, or even earlier and I've worn it with sneakers for example. I think you have seen that look. but to be honest I've been checking some other sequin skirts out. lighter ones but haven't bought any of them because my fiance said they sucked (:D). now when I saw your photos I kind of miss those lighter versions (mine is brown). so yeah, I really like your skirt!
    by the way, no, I don't think Joik has anything to do with my hometown. I'm not sure but maybe the brand is from Tallinn... I even checked their home page but didn't find any specific information about it. have you tried their candles?

    Maiken,
    Maikeni blogi - part of me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved that look!
      Yes, I've tried their candles after you told me about them...maybe one year ago?

      xxx
      E

      Delete
  3. sequins/glitter are the best to wear for parties during colder days x

    http://only4feet9.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Officially obsessed with your beautiful skirt, its so pretty and the fact that it is sequined makes it even better. Love this look! Have a great and productive week ahead dear!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sam for your ever so kind words!

      xxx
      E

      Delete
  5. I love sequins in all of their forms. I do find them a bit hard to wear for work but I think you did a beautiful job of putting together an outfit that is subtle enough for the office but still has a lot of sparkle :) And all of the inspiration photos after it are equally amazing! By the way, I have to say I didn't realise until you mentionned it just how dark your hair was before you went blonde... I'm so impressed! You must have an amazing hairdresser! I've always, always wanted to be blonde, so I may just have to book an appointment and come to Finland ;)
    xox,
    Cee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! Thank you for your kind comment about my outfit!
      Thanks for the wonderful feedback about my hair, I enjoy life as a blonde :) It took a long time to get blonde, about 1½ years but now I'm happy! I chose to use only organic hair colors to go blonde, to assure that my hair wouldn't suffer from the treatments. My hairdresser is called Hiusgalleria, http://www.hiusgalleria.fi/.

      xxx
      E

      Delete

@elisabeth.rundlof