Fashion challenge: Miami

Helsinki, 12 degrees


I live in Florida, and when people ask how close to the beach I am, I say, Twelve minutes or twelve hours. Depends on which beach you want to go to.

I was happily surprised when I received an email from American Travel Expert Kendra Thorton, suggesting that I'd participate in her Fashion Challenge! I thought it sounded like a fun challenge since my mind is already set on summer anyway, so I felt honored putting a summery mood board together for her. Kendra has been featured on several American news channels and shows such as Tyra Banks' and Nate Berkus'. In this challenge she is collaborating with her favorite fashion, beauty and lifestyle bloggers from all around the world and that is how I came into the picture!

Yllätyin iloisesti kun amerikkalainen matkailuasiantuntija Kendra Thorton otti minuun yhteyttä sähköpostitse, ja ehdotti että osallistuisin hänen muotihaasteeseen, eli Fashion Challengeen! Mielestäni haaste kuulosti hauskalta ja koska kesä on muutenkin koko ajan mielessäni, olin otettu yhteydenotosta ja lähdin mielellään tekemään hänelle kollaasia. Kendra on ollut mukana useamman amerikkaisen tv-kanavan ohjelmissa. Tässä haasteessa hän tekee yhteistyötä hänen suosikki muoti-, kauneus- ja lifestyleblogien kanssa ympäri maailmaa.

Source

Here's how she explained the challenge and its background - Kendra Thorton's Miami Fashion Challenge:

Näin hän itse kuvailee haastetta ja sen taustaa - Kendra Thortonin Miami muotihaastetta:

"It isn’t every day that I get to spend some quality time with my husband in a tropical paradise. That’s why I’m especially looking forward to our upcoming romantic getaway in Miami. With the help of gogobot, a travel and booking website, I’ve booked accommodations for us at the Delano South Beach Hotel. My husband went a step further and purchased a pampering spa package for us to enjoy. Before I leave I will need a little help from you! I can’t begin this journey until I am camera ready!"

"En joka päivä pysty viettämään laatuaikaa mieheni kanssa trooppisessa paratiisissa, joten siksi odotan innolla lomani alkua Miamissa. Ostimme mieheni kanssa majoituksen ja kylpyläpaketin joten hemmottelua on luvassa. Tarvitsen matkaa varten kuitenkin sinun apuasi."

"Although I enjoy fashion, I fall behind on the latest trends because I am so busy all the time. For my special trip to Miami, I’d like to have a new, trendy look that will stand the test of time. We’ll be taking a lot of pictures, and I don’t want to be embarrassed by looking outdated in them. The Delano South Beach Hotel boasts one of the most iconic swimming pools in all of Miami. I’m definitely planning to spend some time enjoying it. The beautiful blue waters of the pool spill directly into the Atlantic Ocean. The hotel’s oceanfront pool and outdoor area covers an entire 7,000 square feet. Naturally, I’ll spend time soaking up some sun as well as splashing in the cool water. I’m also looking forward to relaxing in a private cabana as I sip on one of the hotel’s signature cocktails. Few destinations on earth allow tourists to vacation in style the way Miami
does."

"Vaikka pidän muodista, en ehdi seurata kaikkia trendejä kiireiden takia. Etsin uutta, trendikästä ilmettä matkaa varten. Hotellissamme tulee olemaan hieno uima-allas ja haluan käyttää sitä ahkerasti. Haluan myös nauttia upeista drinkeistä illan tullen."

"This chic, modern city is a fusion of cultures. Caribbean flavors and North American styles blend here in unique ways. Miami is well known for its art deco architecture and design, and breathtaking views of the ocean can be found everywhere. With this much beauty around me, I want to make sure I look my very best. That’s why I’m looking forward to your help in creating my trendy, tropical look for a Miami vacation."

"Tämä trendikäs, moderni kaupunki on kulttuurien kohtaamispaikka. Miami tunnetaan myös arkkitehtuuristaan ja muotoilustaan, ja tietysti merinäköaloistaan. Tarvitsen sinun apuasi löytääkseni trendikkään, trooppisen lookini Miami-lomaa varten."

In my opinion her Miami style should be all about striped beach wear, floral sunnies, beach hats, ripped jeans shorts, sequin tops, espadrilles, white lace maxi dresses and armcandy! As she is blonde like me, I would suggest some of my favorite summer looks also for her.

Minun mielestäni Kendran Miami-tyyli koostuu raidallisista ranta-asuista, kukallisista aurinkolaseista, aurinkohatuista, revityistä farkkusorteista, paljettitopeista, espadrilloista, valkoisista pitsimaximekoista ja asusteista! Koska hän on blondi, kuten minäkin, suosittelen hänelle omia suosikkikesälookkejani. 

How do you think I did?

Miten teidän mielestä onnistuin haasteessa?


What's your opinion?

  1. You did such a great job on the challenge! Those sunglasses are gorgeous. Definitely good for travelling!
    the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shannon, I appreciate the support!

      xxx
      E

      Delete
  2. I think you have captured some nice classic summer staples that will always work. stripes, denim shorts, dreamy dresses, sunnies... what more could a girl want for a summery vacation? :) oh, wait! maybe I would add an airy flowy maxi skirt for the chillier nights! I prefer maxi skirts over dresses but then again, maybe that's just me ;)

    Maiken,
    Maikeni blogi - part of me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to know, I'm definitely more a dress girl myself :)

      xxx
      E

      Delete
  3. Hi Elisabeth, congratulations on completing this challenge with flying colours, your outfit choices are amazing and so beautifully appropriate! Thanks so much for stopping by, wishing you positivity in your week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaw, thank you Sam, that means a lot to me!

      xxx
      E

      Delete
  4. Great post! :) I follow your blog, follow back?
    stylizacje-dla-ciebie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Day dreaming of california while trapped home studying all day.


    Don't forget to check my latest post!

    The Chic and Cheap Blog ,
    Facebook , Instagram , Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I'm sorry! But it's good to daydream :)

      xxx
      E

      Delete
  6. interesting post and amazing pics
    I posted a new OUTFIT, I'd love to know your opinion
    http://tr3ndygirl.com
    would you like to pass from my blog?
    kiss

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Dario, I'm glad you like it!

    xxx
    E

    ReplyDelete

@elisabeth.rundlof