My top 3 films during the last month

Helsinki, 9 degrees


The moment we cry in a film is not when things are sad but when they turn out to be more beautiful than we expected them to be.

As you probably know, I'm a somewhat movie fanatic. I've always loved to watch them, and some of the inside jokes between me and my sister are movie quotes. Here are the movies that touched me in October. I found them all on Netflix and Viaplay.

Kuten varmasti tiedät, niin rakastan elokuvia! Olen aina katsonut niitä paljon, ihan pienestä saakka, ja jotkut minun ja siskoni väliset vitsit perustuvat elokuvien lainauksiin. Tässä blogikirjoituksessa halusin esitellä viimeisimmät elokuvalöytöni. Löysin ne Netflixistä ja Viaplaysta



The Bucket List (2007): Two terminally ill men escape from a cancer ward and head off on a road trip with a wish list of to-dos before they die. / Kaksi kuolemansairasta miestä karkaavat sairaalasta ja lähtevät lusikkalistan/toivomuslistan kanssa maailmalle.

Why it touched me: Jack Nicholson, I love him! I also like the idea of a bucket list, and traveling of course since I work within tourism. 

Miksi elokuva kosketti: Jack Nicholson, huipputyyppi! Pidin toivomuslistasta, ehkä sellaisen voisi joskus kirjoittaa? Ja tietysti matkailualan ihmisenä elokuvan matkailupuoli kiinnosti.



The Way (2010): A father heads overseas to recover the body of his estranged son who died while traveling the "El camino de Santiago," and decides to take the pilgrimage himself. / Isä matkustaa USA:sta Espanjaan poikansa kuoleman takia, mutta jääkin alueelle tekemään pyhiinvaellusmatkan.

Why it touched me: I love the idea of taking a pilgrimage. I really want to do it one day. I'm thinking of something similar in Italy, maybe seeing "Cinque Terre" as so far I've only seen one of the five villages.

Miksi elokuva kosketti: Pidin pyhiinvaellusmatkaideasta. Haluaisin itse suorittaa sellaisen jonain päivänä. Ehkä voisin tehdä jotain samantyyppistä Italiassa, nähdä kaikki Cinque Terret (nyt olen nähnyt kylistä vain ensimmäisen). 



About Time (2013): At the age of 21, Tim discovers he can travel in time and change what happens and has happened in his own life. His decision to make his world a better place by getting a girlfriend turns out not to be as easy as you might think. / 21-vuotiaana Tim huomaa voivansa matkustaa ajassa taaksepäin. Uusi taito sekoittaa Timin elämän. 

Why it touched me: I love Rachel McAdams, have done so since the Notebook! The leading actor of this movie, Domhnall Gleeson, was also really good! I like finding new good actors! I loved the philosophical approach of the film. 

Miksi elokuva kosketti: Rachel McAdams on yksi suosikkinäyttelijöistäni! Olen pitänyt hänestä Notebookista lähtien. Mielestäni myös Domhnall Gleeson oli roolissaan todella hyvä. Elokuva oli varsin filosofinen, pidin siitä kovasti. 

Which movies have you recently seen that have made you think or affected you deeply?

Mitä elokuvia sinä olet viime aikoina nähnyt? Ovatko ne koskettaneet?


What's your opinion?

  1. Never knew About Time was about a time traveler until recently. Haven't seen it yet, but Daisy read the description to me one day and I thought she was talking about McAdam's other movie The Time Traveler's Wife.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah yeah, I like that movie too. She's a great actress! This, however, is very different from that movie, so be sure to see this one too!

      xxx
      E

      Delete
  2. I like The Bucket list too :) And gotta check out The Way it sounds like the kind of movie I would like :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. my answer - none! I have only watched some pointless ones from tv and that's it. but I used to be like you. I watched tons of cool films all the time and many of those were something like you described. I hope one day times like those will come back and I can watch all the films I want to.

    Maiken,
    Part of me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment Maiken. How come it has changed? No time?

      xxx
      E

      Delete
  4. "About time" is such a great movie! I loooove it ♥

    Love,
    Christina ♥
    cinapeh.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete

@elisabeth.rundlof