Trend alert: white on white

Helsinki, 18 degrees




Women think of all colors except the absence of color. I have said that black has it all. White too. Their beauty is absolute. It is the perfect harmony.

Many people have reacted this summer to the fact that I have been wearing so many all white and white on white outfits. There are many reasons to why they are wondering this. Many people fear white color in clothing as they feel that they can't go without becoming dirty. Others find it to be a too innocent color. Some think it makes you look bigger. Some say it's not even a color. The arguments are many. I've always thought clothing protect its user. What is the point of clothes if we can't use them? White clothing stands for me for light and as I've told you before, colors affect my mood. White clothing makes me happier as it lightens my spirit. I love the crisp looks I can create wearing white, and white has quickly become of one my favorite colors this summer! With layering and by using different materials (e.g. leather, lace), white is one of the most interesting colors out there thanks to its depth!

Monet ovat huomauttaneet minulle tänä kesänä, että käytän paljon kokovalkoisia asukokonaisuuksia. Asiasta on huomautettu koska monet vierastavat kokovalkoista vaatetusta. Joidenkin mielestä valkoinen on pelottava väri koska lika näkyy parhaiten valkoisella vaatteella. Monien mielestä valkoinen väri saa ihmiset näyttämään isoimmilta kuin mitä oikeasti ovat. Joidenkin mielestä valkoinen ei edes ole väri. Perusteluita riittää. Itse olen aina ollut sitä mieltä, että vaatteiden tulisi suojata käyttäjänsä. Joten käytän rohkeasti myös valkoisia vaatteita. Valkoiset vaatteet edustavat valoa ja olen huomannut, että värit vaikuttavat mielialaani. Valkoiset vaatteet saavat mieleni kirkastumaan. Rakastan kokovalkoisia asukokonaisuuksi ja väri onkin yksi suosikeistani tänä kesänä. Kerroksien ja eri materiaalien (mm. nahka, pitsi) kautta valkoiseen väriin saa lisättyä syvyyttä - miten mielenkiintoista!

HAT costo BIKER JACKET asos DRESS h&m BAG lindex SNEAKERS vagabond

How do you prefer to wear white? What is your relationship to white color?

Miten itse käytät valkoista väriä? Mitä mieltä olet kokovalkoisista asukokonaisuuksista?



What's your opinion?

  1. I loved your outfit, the jacket is so beautiful and the dress, too! I liked the outfit with sneakers and I love that it's all white! I seldom wear white, I confess, not because it gets dirty, but because it makes me look bigger :) But it's a color I like very much!
    DenisesPlanet.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I have just bought a new white jacket since this one is already a couple of years old. But it has been very dear to me! Thanks Denise for your kind compliment.

      xxx
      E

      Delete
  2. well, for example I have heaps of white tops and t-shirts but I also am this person who spills something on myself when I wear white :P it always happens and I can't change it. but I still wear my white tops occasionally. I also have a pair of white jeans which I haven't worn for years. once again I don't want to spill ketchup on them :D anyway, I agree that white outfits can be very pretty! especially when our skin is tanned during summer. otherwise too much white is not very good I think. I mean white skin+a completely white outfit would maybe be too much white all together :P your summery dress looks very light and pretty, just perfect for summer!

    Maiken - Part of me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to see your white tops! And the jeans sound great :)

      xxx
      E

      Delete
  3. you look very pretty in white
    Have a lovely week
    Stay in touch
    xoxo

    P.s New post in my blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did a great job on total white look ;)

    Thanks for passing by my blog dear!

    Hugs from Athens :)

    ReplyDelete

@elisabeth.rundlof