You complete me

Helsinki, 26 degrees


Dawn was breaking, like the light from another world.

Commercial collaboration: YCM / Kaupallinen yhteistyö: YCM

As a new mom, I've noticed that I appreciate even more quality over quantity when it comes to key style & accessories pieces. Recently I collaborated with an interesting Finnish jewelry label called YCM - You complete me, and I thought I would dedicate this blog post to sharing my newfound quality white leather earrings.

Uutena äitinä olen huomannut että arvostan entistä enemmän laatua niin vaatteissa kuin koruissakin. Laatu on sitä, että saat enemmän kuin mitä odotit. Olen hiljattain tehnyt yhteistyötä kotimaisen korumerkin kanssa nimeltään YCM - You complete me. Näin ollen ajattelin tässä blogikirjoituksessa jakaa kesäisiä tunnelmia ja esitellä YCM:n valkoisia nahkakorvakoruja.

YCM is, like I mentioned, a local jewelry company that specializes in handmade jewelry that is made with love. The philosophy behind YCM is to design minimalist beautiful earrings and necklaces, which are ethically manufactured. The designer Janttu has studied fashion design in Helsinki and the label was founded in 2009.  Janttu gets inspired by skyscrapers, edgy forms, interesting color combinations, Finnish melancholy and the beauty of nature. The products are designed to be your long-time favorites. 

YCM edustaa kotimaista korusuunnittelua, ja merkin tuotteet ovat tehty käsin ja rakkaudella. Minimalistiset korva- ja kaulakorut ovat eettisesti valmistettuja. Korusuunnittelija Janttu on opiskellut muotisuunnittelua Helsingissä ja perusti YCM:n vuonna 2009. Inspiraation lähteinä hän mainitsee pilvenpiirtäjät, kulmikkaat muodot, väriyhdistelmät, melankolian ja luonnon kauneuden. Laadukkaat korut kestävät aikaa.

Janttu was born in the Finnish city Oulu, but her home town has been Helsinki since the year 2001. You can definitely call it a local & little brand as it has its one-woman-jewelry factory in the neighboring district of Helsinki (named Käpylä), only some kilometers from our home, how cool isn't that? 

Janttu on kotoisin Oulusta, mutta on asunut Helsingissä vuodesta 2001. Tuotemerkin yhteydessä voi todella puhua lähituotteista, koska yhden naisen ateljee sijaitsee Helsingin Käpylässä. Käpylä on yksi naapurikaupunginosistamme, ja matkaa sinne on vain pari kilometriä meiltä.

Since summer is upon us, I fell for the Bright new dawn earrings which reminded me of the midnight sun. As you might remember I really like tassel jewelry. If not, you can read my earlier blog post about tassels here. I loved the fact that my new earrings are made out of recycled leather. In Helsinki, the brand has three retailers: Nudge, MadeByand Kunsthalle Helsinki's museum shop. 

Koska nautimme tällä hetkellä kesästä, ihastuin Bright new dawn -korvakoruihin, jotka muistuttivat minua keskiyön auringosta. Olen myös hulluna tupsu- ja hapsukoruihin. Mielestäni on hienoa, että kyseiset korvakorut ovat tehty kierrätysnahasta. Helsingissä YCM -tuotemerkkiä jälleenmyy Nudge, MadeBy ja Taidehallin Kioski.


What kind of jewelry are you looking for this summer?

Minkälaisista koruista sinä haaveilet tänä kesänä?

 

What's your opinion?

  1. I've noticed I don't wear much jewellery these days. I always wore this silver bracelet my husband once gave me and then one day I discovered I had lost it :( now I only wear my wedding ring, engagement ring and a pair of very simple earrings. I have no idea if I'm too lazy to wear more stuff or what.
    oh, your tassel earrings indeed are pretty and suit you well!

    Maiken - Part of me

    ReplyDelete
  2. I told you, people say that moms look more beautiful than ever, and you do! So beautiful! These earrings are amazing, I love tassels! The Finnish companies you show here are always great! I a eager to visit your country!
    DenisesPlanet.com

    ReplyDelete

@elisabeth.rundlof