Oscars 2017: metallics fiesta!

Helsinki, -2 degrees


A great dress can make you remember what's beautiful about life.

I have to start this blog post by saying that this year's red carpet at the Oscars was a huge disappointment for me. As I mentioned in my earlier blog post, I was expecting green dresses, ruffles and Pantone's spring trend colors. Instead, the carpet was mainly covered with metallic & black dresses. Don't get me wrong, there is nothing wrong with those, but among metallics, I'm the most into rose gold and I didn't see any rose gold on the red carpet, but merely golden & silvery dresses. I think the actresses were very careful with fashion & style choices this year, even too careful for my taste. However, I tried my best to make a selection of my favorite dresses on the red carpet, as well as from the official Oscars after party.

Minun on ihan aluksi pakko sanoa, että tämän vuoden Oscar -gaalan pukuloisto oli minulle suuri pettymys. Kuten mainitsin aikaisemmassa blogikirjoituksessani, niin odotin näkeväni vihreitä asuja, röyhelömekkoja ja Pantonen kevättrendivärejä. Sen sijaan, punainen matto oli täynnä mustia & metallivärisiä mekkoja. Ei niissä ole mitään vikaa, mutta esimerkiksi metallivärien keskuudessa ruusukulta on suosikkini eikä punaisella matolla esiintynyt ainuttakaan ruusukultaista asua. Metalliväriset mekot olivat enimmäkseen kultaisia ja hopeita. Mielestäni näyttelijät olivat tänä vuonna varovaisia pukeutumisessaan, omaan makuun ehkä liiankin varovaisia. Tässä blogikirjoituksessa tuon kuitenkin esiin omat gaala- ja afterparty-asusuosikkini.

The red carpet of the Oscars 2017 / Oscar -gaalan punainen matto vuonna 2017

The snowflakes / Lumihiutaleet

When it came to cool looks, my favorites were Felicity Jones in Dior & Olivia Culpo in Marchesa. I think both of these dresses are beautiful, but in my opinion better for winter celebrations, and not a spring one like the Oscars.

Viileimmät asukokonaisuudet tarjosivat Felicity Jones Dior -mekossaan ja Olivia Culpo Marchesa -mekossaan. Mielestäni nämä asut olivat todella kauniita, kuin lumihiutaleet! Mutta juuri sen takia sopivatkin mielestäni paremmin talviseen juhlaan, eikä Oscar -gaalaan, joka järjestetään kevään alussa.

Source

Black widows / Mustat lesket

Despite the fact that I avoid all black outfits due to my recent loss in family, I must mention two outfits that included black because Kirsten Dunst in Christian Dior Haute Couture was, in my opinion, the most breathtaking of the whole red carpet thanks to her amazing dress! This is the kind of drama I expect from the biggest international celebration of cinema! Michelle Williams in Louis Vuitton deserves a special mention as well!

Vaikka itse vältän mustia asukokonaisuuksia (koska käytin äitini menetyksen jälkeen pelkästään mustia vaatteita pitkään, ja yhdistän edelleenkin värin suruun), niin minun on pakko mainita kaksi tummaa asukokonaisuutta. Näin, koska mielestäni Kirsten Dunst Christian Dior Haute Couture -mekossaan oli Oscar -gaalan upein ilmestys! Tällaista draamaa kaivataankin Oscareissa! Michelle Williams Louis Vuitton -mekossaan oli myös todella kaunis.

Source
 
Metallics & a spring bud / Metallivärit & kevään nuppu

Some might say that Scarlett Johansson in Alaia was one of the worst-dressed at the Oscars, but at least she wore something happy & spring-like! I loved this pink color on her! In my opinion, Emma Stone in Givenchy Haute Couture offered the best metallic look of the gala.

Joidenkin mielestäni Scarlett Johansson Alaia -mekossaan oli yksi Oscar -gaalan huonoimmista pukeutujista, mutta mielestäni hänen keväinen pinkki asunsa oli hieno! Olisin toivonut näkeväni enemmän vaaleanpunaista juhlassa. Mielestäni Emma Stone Givenchy Haute Couture -mekossaan oli Oscareiden paras metallisävyinen juhlija.

Source

The dream team / Unenomainen kolmikko

Despite the fact that these ladies were merely companions to Oscar gala guests, their dresses made a dreamy impression on me! Well done Rosalin Ross, Amelia Warner & Olivia Hamilton!

Vaikka nämä naiset olivatkin vain Oscar -gaalavieraiden aveceja, eivätkä näin ollen "virallisia vieraita", niin heidän mekkonsa tekivät minuun vaikutuksen! Gaalan unenomaisimmat mekot olivat Rosalin Rossin, Amelia Warnerin & Olivia Hamiltonin päällä.

Source


The official Oscars After Party / Oscar -gaalan viralliset afterparty -juhlat

I guess it's no surprise, as I've mentioned Elie Saab as one of my favorite high fashion designers before on the blog, but Elizabeth Banks in Elie Saab sure stole the show at the official Oscars after party. Poppy Delevingne in Cavalli Couture was also beautiful!

Koska olen maininnut jo aikaisemmin blogissa, että Elie Saab on yksi muotisuunnittelijasuosikeistani, niin ei lienee yllätys, että Elizabeth Banksin asu lumosi minut. Poppy Delevingnen Cavalli Couture -mekko oli myös kaunis!

Source

According to me, these two ladies were the queens of this year's Oscars celebration, even though these outfits were from the after party. Hands up for Kate Bosworth in J. Mendel & Miranda Kerr in Miu Miu - both amazingly beautiful! Well done! This is how the Oscars should look like, if you ask me!

Minun mielestäni nämä kaksi naista olivat Oscar -kokonaisuuden (gaala + afterparty -juhla) kauneimmat! Kate Bosworth J.Mendel -mekossaan & Miranda Kerr Miu Miu -mekossaan olivat uskomattoman kauniita afterparty -juhlassa! Jos minulta kysytään, niin tältä Oscar -gaalan kuuluisi näyttää!


Source

Did you watch the Oscars? Did you have any favorites on the red carpet and/or at the after party? What made your favorite stand out?

Seurasitko Oscar -gaalaa? Oliko sinulla suosikkiasua punaisella matolla ja/tai afterparty -juhlassa? Mikä sai suosikkisi erottumaan joukosta? 

What's your opinion?

  1. I also found that the actresses didn't risk very much this year.... and yes, I like rose gold very much, but didn't see any this year... but having said that, my favorite gown was really the look of Emma Stone, really perfect for her and a style! Hope you have a nice week!
    DenisesPlanet.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. good post and selection, I love all those dresses
    kss
    =)
    New post in my Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad to hear that you like them too! :)

      xxx
      E

      Delete
  3. I didn't watch it and didn't read about it. your blog post is the closest thing to Oscars for me. and my definite favourite is Emma Stone's look - the dress is gorgeous and goes beautifully with her hair and make-up! I have a serious thing for golden shades by the way - I just bought golden boots and shoes for myself, haha!
    ps. I left you a little reply under my Valentine's post!

    Maiken - Part of me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to see your golden boots & shoes :)

      xxx
      E

      Delete

@elisabeth.rundlof