Q & A - 11 questions about me: here are my answers!

Helsinki, 5 degrees

I was tagged some time ago in the post "11 questions" by one of my dear readers, Finnish Satu, who writes the beautiful blog Indie by heart. I haven't received a similar tag post before so I thought it might be a fun idea to answer these questions. I hope you enjoy reading my answers!

Source


1. Why did you start blogging and what was your biggest motivation?

Going back to my very first blog post back in 2008, I presented myself by saying the following:
"The idea about starting this blog is simple; I have always loved writing and I believe it comes more natural to me than to many others so I thought it would be nice. Before I used to think that only persons on trips or on study exchange could keep a blog but now that I've talked with some of my friends, I have realized it's not like that at all. Anybody can share one's thoughts, and just hope somebody cares to read about them, hehe."

After 2008, blogs have become far more common so now it's clear to everybody, I think, that blogs are not just for people on trips or exchange, but that is how it felt in 2008. This is actually not my first blog. I wrote a blog in Swedish even in 2007-2008 when I was on study exchange in Italy, but that was merely meant for my friends and family back home and it looked like a journal/diary.

The reason why I decided to write this blog in English was that my exchange truly changed the way I think about everything! One could say that I preceive the world in a different way ever since. Suddenly my world consisted not merely of Finland, but the Nordic countries, Europe, the whole world. In a way, the world all of a sudden seemed linked. I noticed that I have a lot in common with people from all over the globe.

After my exchange, it was clear for me that I wanted to write for an international audience since I made such great friends from all over the world thanks to my time in Italy.

Source

I have never regretted my choice. Now I work in an international field of business which is built up on international co-operation. Language skills are vital for my job, and I truly appreciate comments on my blog from an audience that I would call global since I have readers from literally the whole world.

Sorry, that was quite a long answer, but I just couldn't make it shorter. 

2. How long does it take you to get ready in the morning?

Working days

I usually wake up about one hour before I go out the door and go to work. My mornings consist of having a quick shower, getting dressed (usually I know what to wear already before morning), putting on my makeup, finalizing my hair/hairdo, having breakfast (usually a yoghurt/viili, a type of Finnish yoghurt or mesophilic fermented milk with cinnamon and sugar on top and coffee) while watching the Swedish morning TV show Min Morgon and checking the daily newspapers both in Swedish and Finnish. I prefer to wake up earlier than to stress in the morning. I do not use the snooze button on my phone during working days.

Source
Source

Weekend/free days

I have a completely different rhytmn during the weekend. I do not jump out of the bed immediately, but stay in bed after waking up for at least 10-15 minutes. This time I think of as true quality time with my boyfriend. Sometimes he gets up before me, and I prepare myself for getting up, haha. This might take an hour. In weekends I only put on makeup if I'm going somewhere, at home I don't use that much makeup. I also walk around in comfortable clothes, usually pyjamas until I go out. Our breakfasts are usually more brunch like on weekends, with fresh bread, fruit, juices and sometimes even sausages, and bacon and eggs. My boyfriend loves eggs, haha. 

3. Do you have any place you love to shop?

I taught myself away from shops during my exchange due to bad shopping experiences, haha, so I rarely go shopping in the city center shops. Usually, I buy all my clothes online (H&M, Zara, Etsy, Huuto, Topshop, Bubbleroom, Asos, Ellos, Intimi, Nelly, Vila).

Source

When I do go shopping in stores, I know what I am looking for and usually, I only pop into one or two stores. I tend to have at least once a season a flea market days when I go through Helsinki's best flea markets in my opinion (Valtteri, Kaivarin Kanuuna, DOM, Uff).  

4. Which clothing item is your favourite?

I love wearing dresses! I think everyday is a perfect dress day! Right now though I love the white collar shirt I bought from Zara. It's timeless and always stylish.

Source
 5. Neon or Pastel?

Such an easy question for me. I am definately a pastel girl in this case. I do believe in strong colors as well, but not in neon colors. 
6. What is your favourite movie and series?
My favorite movies inspired me to go to Italy - the Talented Mr Ripley and Roman Holiday.
My favorite TV series is without a doubt the epic Sex and the City.

Source
  
7. Do you have an addiction? = obsessive need to get / do something.

I think the essence of life is good food and coffee. Coca cola and Campari are also some of my personal treats. 
8. What’s the number one thing on your wishlist?

Right now I would like to find a bigger apartment for us, and of course without a rent increase = impossible equation.
9. What do you do for a living?
Officially I'm a tourist officer working at the Tourist Information in Helsinki. De facto I work (at least until fall) with assisting marketing tasks; I'm helping in the making of a brochure for the travel trade and organizing and planning FAM trips for agents and journalists to Helsinki. I also write for a work place blog about Helsinki's restaurants, cafés and nightlife.

Source
"Familiarization trip. A low-cost trip or tour offered to travel agents by a supplier or group of suppliers to familiarize the agents with their destination and services. Example, a resort property or group of hotels and restaurants in Aruba might team up with an airline or tour operator to offer a discount fam trip to the resort or to Aruba. Generally referred to as a "FAM trip." 
10. How would you describe your style in 3 words?
Classical but experimental, vintage, colorful. Sorry that's 5 words, but you get the point!
11. What are your favorite trends and colors upcoming season?

Trends: statement colors, color block, pastel colors, preppy sailor, floral prints, scarves
Colors: blue, pink, mint, peach, white, gold, lavender

Source
I'm tagging in no particular order:

Frills and Thrills
To Vogue or Bust
Shop Style Conquer
The creation of beauty is art
The chic and cheap blog
La Petite Blonde
Handmade Dreams of Mine
Yola Thorp
The Girl at First Avenue
Almost Delightful
The Vogue Advisor

What's your opinion?

  1. Hi dear, it was great getting to read up on your perspective and personal thoughts. The idea behind your blog was well thought of, I think you are doing a fantastic job representing your city and country. Great answers, enjoyed this post :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ♥ Oi.

    Ja ensimmäinen vastaus on kyllä ihan totta omalla kohdallakin - maailma on pienentynyt tai lähentynyt hurjasti viime aikoina:)

    Olipa kiva tutustua vielä paremmin !

    Satu
    Indie by Heart

    ReplyDelete

@elisabeth.rundlof