Chunky oversize sweaters

Helsinki, -3 degrees

Source
Luxury must be comfortable, otherwise it is not luxury.

This working week is shorter in Helsinki as we're celebrating the Finnish Independence Day. That has given me some time to daydream - and this week's inspiration has definitely been chunky oversize sweaters & knits since we've experienced beautiful and chilly winter days in the city this week. The oversize sweater is simply the most comfortable piece of clothing that there is!

Source
Source
Source

I've noticed that I'm especially fond of sweater + collar shirt + pants combinations. This is how I wore my new in coral H&M knit to work, combined to H&M burgundy pants and Vila's collar shirt that you can also see in another blog post here.


I've been widely inspired by Finnish fashion magazines Trendi and Olivia since they've both showcased how one can combine oversize sweaters to skirts to make them more elegant and e.g. suitable for work. I loved Olivia's hint about combining knits with statement necklaces and jackets as well, I'll be sure to give those a try!


How do you feel about this comfort garment?

Here is today's story about Finnish Christmas:

The Viking heritage
In the pre-Christian Nordic countries, it was a custom to celebrate the so called return of the light in time of the winter solstice in December, which marked the beginning of longer days. Vikings — the Swedes (including today's Finland), the Norwegians, the Danes and the Icelanders — celebrated the coming of the sun by sacrificing for their gods, eating and drinking well, playing games, burning bonfires and exchanging gifts during a three-day feast. The celebrations had many elements that are still common in the modern Christmas celebrations in the Nordic countries. The Swedish, Norwegian and Danish word for Christmas, jul, the Icelandic jól, the Finnish joulu and the Estonian jõul all have their origin in the old Viking word hjul, meaning "sun wheel".
Source


Source

How much do you know about our fascinating Viking history? Do you like legends and their relation to current time?

What's your opinion?

  1. I see you very comfortable!

    www.urbanikamoda.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love oversize jumpers, and I especially like the top left as it's something I could see myself wearing :). Your one is lovely too, such a pretty colour. I think I owned a grey one once. xx

    Almost Delightful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy to hear that you liked my selection of sweaters.

      xxx
      E

      Delete
  3. I'm glad you've had a little extra time to daydream! I really love this sweaters. Long, oversized and comfy!
    the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ylisuuret neuleet on sitten kyllä ihania vaatekappaleita, tykkään niistä kans :) Odotankin mielenkiinnolla josko joulun jälkeen aleista löytyisi uusia ihanuuksia kaappiin ;) ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kiva kuulla et säkin tykkäät neuleista!

      xxx
      E

      Delete
  5. Loved this post!!
    Thanks so much for visit my blog dear!

    Marianela xxx
    WORLDWIDE GIVEAWAY RIMMEL LONDON ON MY BLOG--> http://www.asm-magazine.com/marilynscloset/14734/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the color of that sweater! It looks so amazing & comfy and is perfect with those pants! AND YES, I received the necklace! I got it early this week and meant to email you but I totally spaced it!! I forgot--so sorry! BUT I LOVE IT!! I posted a photo on my instagram right away! It's even more special because you made it :)

    :)
    Allison

    A's Fashion Files
    Win a $40 Giftcard toward some BLING! $10 to anyone who enters! :)
    Shop Kawaii Kitsch by A on Etsy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Allison! I took a print screen shot of your instagram and posted in on my Facebook page, did you notice?

      xxx
      E

      Delete
  7. I knew about the vikings and native america. The spanish must be jealous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice that you already knew something about the Vikings!

      xxx
      E

      Delete
  8. I do know something about Vikings. I've seen some films and read some stories. and of course I find legends interesting :)
    btw, I love all the beautiful and happy colours you're wearing here! I'm wearing a pair of burgundy pants right now too. my favourites during this white season. but when it comes to oversized sweaters as a trend then I think I have one, with a bunny print on it. I like oversized sweaters when they're not TOO oversized. I just don't feel good in big clothes, hehe.

    Maiken,
    Maikeni blogi - part of me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like legends as much as me! How funny that we both wore burgundy pants, great minds think alike I guess? :) I would like to see your bunny sweater!

      xxx
      E

      Delete
  9. Great blog! I am happy to have found you :)
    I am your newest follower.
    XO
    Jessy
    Check out my GIVEAWAY:
    http://fourseasonsstyle.blogspot.com/2012/12/giveaway-coach-poppy.html#comment-form

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words, and welcome as a new follower!

      xxx
      E

      Delete
  10. Bellissimi maglioni (: Reb, xoxo.

    *Nuovo post sul mio blog, fammi sapere cosa ne pensi ;)
    http://www.toprebel.com/2012/12/armani-sunglasses.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. bel post!
    se ti va passa da me che c'è un nuovo post =)

    ReplyDelete

@elisabeth.rundlof